Best practices, sustainable management, healthy forests – FutureWood sets the standard for the great Northwoods regions of Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.
Private landowners and public managers alike turn to us for:
- Forestry best-management practices, including erosion control, maintenance of riparian management zones and stream-crossing guidelines.
- Harvesting and regeneration needs, such as selective thinning, clear-cut harvesting to regenerate pioneer species, and seed tree/shelter wood preservation.
- Improving the visual quality of land, which can mean shaping, sizing, creating buffer strips, and visual engineering.
- Enhancing wildlife habitats by preserving seed-bearing or den trees, creating thermal cover for wintering species, and protecting rare-species sites.
- Offering more recreational opportunities on land and water, from improving hunting and fishing zones to creating scenic hiking and riding trails.